For the average American worker that is being paid $35,000 dollars a year, $1,000 dollars may seem like a lot of money. It is probably your mortgage payment, home improvement loan or debt reduction payment. However, for some who make… let’s just say… $600,000 dollars, $1,000 is a drop in the bucket.
A grand becomes a nice night out, maybe a trip to Best Buy to revamp that entertainment center or a car payment. A grand can buy a lot of extraneous things for some who can afford it and here is a look at ten of them available on Ebay right now! Well, nine of them anyway…
10. A Mounted Male Coyote – This Coyote has been mounted by a taxidermist who is “known nationally for his skilled world mounting wild game.”(what?) This animal was a native of Illinois before being taken by the auctions poster with an M16.
9. Original Clown and Dog Painting – This amazing painting of a clown and his dog can be yours. “It is in great condition, vibrant in color and detail. It was displayed in the Frankenmuth Gallery in Michigan.”
8. 18th Century Small Monkey Meissen Figurine – I will leave this description up to the folks who are running this auction. “18th Century. The piece measures 1.33 inches tall by 1 x 0.75 inches. No defects.”
7. 1966 Chevoret Nova – this Chevy Nova was just like new back in 1966…today? Not so much, but you can certainly buy it for parts!
6. Bill Blass Vintage Red Cocktail Dress – Feel like you are dancing around in a scene from your favorite John Hughes film from the 1980’s with this vintage lace dress! Or according to the folks hosting this auction, “The Vanity of the Bonfires” which must have been a hit in the land of the dyslexics!
5. 4 Michael Jackson Superstar of the 80’s dolls – A must have for anyone with $1,000 extra dollars laying around. I mean they each have their own “glittering magic glove, microphone, and posing stand.”
4. 1959 David Bradley Suburban Garden Tractor – How can you not make this purchase, especially when you read a description that says: “Runs good, new bowl gasket carb work…Starts up. carb work to be done.”
3. 35 Long Banquet Tables – I mean who doesn’t have a need for 35, 96″ banquet tables. Perfect for Stanley Cup parties, impromptu get togethers and god knows what else. Need another reason? “The extra thick steel tubing ensures that the wishbone style legs won’t bend when the going gets tough.”
2. Genuine Alien Skull – An amazing item that probably proves that there is life on other planets! I never realized that Aliens can to earth and died in rocky outcroppings, but this skull was apparently found while the auction’s host was “rock hunting.” They are also guaranteeing that it is “not reproduced or man made.”
Live out your dream of becoming a pro wrestling champion by going all “Nature Boy” Rick Flair on Sidney Crosby and putting him in your signature finishing move…the figure four leg lock.
Ok… I sort of took the long way around to get to this joke, but I look at fining a professional athlete $1,000.00 dollars in the same way that I would if someone fined me a $10 spot. It has little to no impact and is done for show in the middle of an ongoing feces storm.
Fining Steve Downie $1,000 dollars? Why bother…
What are your thoughts?